Sunday, March 11, 2012

Arrival in Oxford

My trip to England has been incredible so far, and it’s only the beginning! I had a wonderfully exhausting weekend in London. I visited Harrod’s, Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, the Tower, London Bridge, St. Paul’s Cathedral, the British Museum, Buckingham Palace and St. James’s Park. (See my London photos.) I did so much walking, I literally walked through the heels on a pair of boots!


Today, I arrived at Harris Manchester College, Oxford University for the Round Table on Childhood Education. I’m staying in a dorm room (students are on break) and it’s NOTHING like my college experience. A brief walk around the city of Oxford (in search of new shoes- no luck on a Sunday, all shops are closed) revealed a charming town full of surprises. (Here's a few Oxford photos.) The conference participants all met for dinner, where I had the pleasure of sitting next to Dr. David Browning. He spoke with us about the Center for Islamic Studies at Oxford University. His work is remarkable and he has a sense of humor to match! This should be a fascinating conference… tomorrow is a busy day, so I'm off to sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment