Friday, October 18, 2013

Presentation Day


 
This morning, Sarah and I gave our presentation, entitled, "Travel abroad: Fostering multicultural competence, group cohesion, and individual growth." The presentation was based on voyage to Europe this past spring. Sarah did a fantastic job! I was so proud of her; she was poised and confident, speaking well about how her experiences connected with the literature. I remember my first conference presentation well; being on the other side is interesting, to say the least. I'm thankful for the mentorship I had and hope I can do the same for my students.

Later in the day, I co-presented with my colleague and friend, Tisha Duncan. Our presentation was entitled, "Collaboration... More than a conversation" and focused on interactive, learner-centered activities. Everyone who attended the session was truly engaged in the activities. It was fascinating to hear people's thoughts on how they could apply these techniques and strategies to their own disciplines. Best of all, there was a lot of laughter. It's a good reminder that learning should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment